Website Velocity Machine, Inc
Summary: Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Work Location: De Pere, WI
- Status: Full Time
- Typical Work Hours: Monday-Friday
Why join the team at Velocity Machine Inc:
We are an ISO-certified leader in engineered solutions and contract manufacturing that provides precision machining, welding, mechanical assembly, packaging solutions and Tier 1 program management for OEM clients worldwide.
We believe that whatever your strengths, you have something valuable to offer! At Velocity Machine, Inc. each individual contributes to the team, according to their strengths and by helping and encouraging one another along the way. Hard work and devotion allow us to have consistent success which provides job security to our growing team.
We provide you with a full benefit package including:
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, short term/long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Maternity/Paternity pay
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Health Reimbursement account -reimburses 50% of your deductible
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account
- Education reimbursement program-2 different programs available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Compare identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Assemble and pack product containers, preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information for cartons, skids or other storage devices.
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments.
- Empty machine hoppers and route raw material to appropriate machining centers.
- Empty garbage’s.
- Load and unload semi-trailers as needed.
- Maintain positive relations with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
- Demonstrate high safety standards in accordance with Company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years Shipping/Receiving experience required
- Must have forklift experience and be able to maneuver loads in tight spaces
- Must be able to adhere to quality standards, methods and reporting as required
- Basic math skills for counting packages, skids and adding weight
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Medium work that includes moving and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Operation of Forklifts
- Able to move about to accomplish tasks; Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers is expected
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Machine Shop Environment
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.