Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
Hours: M-Th 5am-2pm and 10am-2pm on Fridays, Wage is based on experience.
Summary: The Quality Technician handles inspections prior to, during and after machining processes. They work closely with the Quality Supervisor to ensure all aspects of Quality support needed are complete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Perform first piece, in-process and final inspection throughout the day on a daily basis
- Complete all gage set ups and locate gages on a daily basis for the shop floor based on upcoming jobs
- Create gage set up lists for each part
- Assure the availability of gaging
- Monitor upcoming requirements
- Do daily shop floor production audits on product inspection accuracy, documentation, identification, following of instructions, quality support and 1st piece measurement assistance
- Assist in the completion of customer PPAP requirements, such as: dimensional layouts, capability studies and gage repeatability and reproducibility studies-including full MSA’s
- All other duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Blueprint Reading Experience a plus
- Previous Quality exposure/experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Required to be able to move about in different positions to accomplish tasks
- Operate tools/cranes
- Medium work that includes moving and lifting objects up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for the duration of shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in a lab environment. Will often access machine shop floor
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.