Website Velocity Machine, Inc
2nd Shift Hours: 2pm-12am M-Th, with overtime worked on Friday
$3.00 shift premium for working on 2nd shift! $2,000 sign on bonus to be discussed at the time of hire.
Summary: This position performs machine operation on specific production work centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of products to standards.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur and report issues to set-up employee and/or supervisor.
- Maintains continuous and repetitive production runs to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Reads and interprets drawings and shop orders to meet part specifications.
- Measures dimensions of finished work piece to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and understanding of functions of machine operations and the safe operations of machine driven processes.
- Be able to learn quickly how to operate machines, use gage checking equipment and locate dimensions on a machining blue print.
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Fills out data on inspection forms with required information. Notes other information related to job problems and performance.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- Stamps identifying numbers on parts as instructed.
- Package finished goods and maintain a clean work area.
- Follow company rules and safety policies.
- Bring forth process improvements to enhance Lean Processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience operating machines preferably in a machine shop, but also converting or other machine operation
- A technical degree or technical training in machine operation desirable; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess or quickly learn blueprint reading skills and understand both Metric and English measurements; strong math skills are preferred
- Must be able to assess the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Experience using various gauges to verify dimensions such as; micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, depth gages and dial indicators is helpful but definitely need to be willing to learn
- Able to understand various types of tooling with training
- Must be able to maintain manufacturing specifications
- While hoists are provided to assist with lifting, you must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Willing to work overtime as needed. Excellent attendance record and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Move or lift objects up to 75 lbs. in all directions
- Pushing, pulling, reaching
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Operating machinery
Machine Shop Environment