Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
Summary: This position performs machine operation on specific production work centers.
- Work Location: De Pere, WI
- Status: Full Time
- Typical Work Hours: M-Th 2pm-12am with OT on Fridays
- Shift Premium: $3 per hour and a $2,000 sign on bonus to be discussed at the time of hire!
Why join the team at Velocity Machine Inc:
We are an ISO-certified leader in engineered solutions and contract manufacturing that provides precision machining, welding, mechanical assembly, packaging solutions and Tier 1 program management for OEM clients worldwide.
We believe that whatever your strengths, you have something valuable to offer! At Velocity Machine, Inc. each individual contributes to the team, according to their strengths and by helping and encouraging one another along the way. Hard work and devotion allow us to have consistent success which provides job security to our growing team.
We provide you with a full benefit package including:
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision, short term/long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Maternity/Paternity pay
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Health Reimbursement account -reimburses 50% of your deductible
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account
- Education reimbursement program-2 different programs available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of products to standards.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur and report issues to set-up employee and/or supervisor
- Maintains continuous and repetitive production runs to meet manufacturing requirements
- Reads and interprets drawings and shop orders to meet part specifications
- Measures dimensions of finished work piece to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and understanding of functions of machine operations and the safe operations of machine driven processes.
- Be able to learn quickly how to operate machines, use gage checking equipment and locate dimensions on a machining blue print.
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Fills out data on inspection forms with required information. Notes other information related to job problems and performance.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- Stamps identifying numbers on parts as instructed.
- Package finished goods and maintain a clean work area.
- Follow company rules and safety policies.
- Bring forth process improvements to enhance Lean Processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience operating machines preferably in a machine shop, but also converting or other machine operation
- A technical degree or technical training in machine operation desirable; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess or quickly learn blueprint reading skills and understand both Metric and English measurements; strong math skills are preferred
- Must be able to assess the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Experience using various gauges to verify dimensions such as; micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, depth gages and dial indicators is helpful but definitely need to be willing to learn
- Able to understand various types of tooling with training
- Must be able to maintain manufacturing specifications
- While hoists are provided to assist with lifting, you must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
- Willing to work overtime as needed. Excellent attendance record and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Move or lift objects up to 75 lbs. in all directions
- Pushing, pulling, reaching
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Operating machinery
Machine Shop Environment
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.