Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
Wage is based on experience!
Lathe experience and Robot Programming experience a plus!
Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer plans and designs manufacturing systems involving CNC Programs, fixturing, tooling, state-of-the-art software, robots and precision CNC machines. Works collaboratively with all functional areas to increase production, improve quality and lead new techniques and processes within a manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Determines processes, fixtures, programs and tools needed to produce quality parts to customer specifications.
- Demonstrates a passion for continual improvement by identifying needs, analyzing cutting-edge technology to incorporate into processes, oversee related activities and reporting on results.
- Analyzes layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization to drive continual process improvement.
- Manage tool testing process and report findings.
- Determines the need for special tooling, fixtures and processes. Set up tooling routings and T jobs as needed.
- Write or modify CNC Programs per drawing specifications.
- Work with internal personnel to resolve production issues, both cost and quality related.
- Support lean initiatives for process improvement on the shop floor.
- Help develop standard work for set-up and run of product.
- Oversee the efficiency and safety of current manufacturing processes, as well as developing new processes to improve manufacturing efficiency or decrease its costs.
- Assist Project Engineer with new product launches to include; identifying risk issues, creating effective production processes, monitoring launches running on the floor, programming updates and other related tasks.
- Strives to understand a high level of all functional areas of the manufacturing process and actively brings forth ideas for process improvement according to company objectives.
- Interact with teams of engineers, operators and customers to meet strict deadlines.
- Assist or drive large projects as assigned
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of Mastercam and/or SolidWorks desired
- NC/CNC turning and milling machine tool experience preferred
- Strong understanding of tooling and fixture design and application preferred
- Experience with quoting machine cycle time and costs preferred
- Self-starter, able to work without supervision and commitment to produce highly accurate product in all areas
- Lean or six sigma training, experience or certification a plus
- Critical thinking, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Knowledge and use of computers and Microsoft Office software
Required to be able to sit for longer periods of time, move about throughout the office and manufacturing environment and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for duration of shift when needed on the shop floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in an office and machine shop environment.