Website Velocity Machine, Inc
Summary: The Preventive Maintenance Mechanic conducts all scheduled preventive maintenance services on all machines, equipment and components per the manufacturer’s recommendation and best operational practices. They identify machine maintenance needs, coordinate and perform corrective maintenance and enter appropriate work orders into the corporate maintenance management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Maintain preventive maintenance logs and checklists on all equipment and machines.
- Coordinate corrective maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective maintenance.
- Responds timely to identified maintenance needs and to any emergency breakdowns or malfunctions.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance: lubrication, oil changes, cleaning, tolerancing, adjustments and overall equipment checks.
- Manages equipment availability by maintaining inventory of critical repair parts to minimize downtime; coordinate machine downtime with Scheduling department.
- Obtains quotes for equipment and machine parts needed for repair or replacement; submits to Management for approval.
- Attends monthly safety meetings and updates on progress to correct safety related concerns.
- General facility maintenance including, but not limited to, snow shoveling, building and grounds clean up.
- Responds to other maintenance and janitorial duties as they are assigned.
- Demonstrate high safety standards in accordance with Company policy.
- Work collaboratively between all necessary departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years preventative maintenance experience required in a computerized asset management environment
- Strong CNC Machine Mechanic skills and demonstrated experience
- Must be able to read an interpret schematics and blue prints
- Must have strong troubleshooting and organization skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with most current technologies
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic machine operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on your own to ensure tasks are completed timely
- Availability to rotate and serve as standby/recall for emergencies
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Move or lift objects up to 75 lbs in all directions
- Operate machinery and power tools
- Move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various areas and machines including tight spaces
- Ability to stand and move about for the duration of shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Machine Shop Environment
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.