Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
Wage is based on Experience!
1st Shift Core Hours: Monday-Thursday 4am-2pm, with OT required as needed
2nd Shift Core Hours: Monday-Thursday 2pm-12am, with OT required as needed
Weekend Shift Core Hours, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6am-6pm, with OT required as needed, work 36 hours but get paid for 40 hours!
2nd and Weekend Shifts: $1.00 shift premium for working on 2nd or weekend shift, $2,000 sign on bonus to be discussed at the time of hire.
Summary: Perform machining functions from complex blueprints. Assist project managers on methods, tooling and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Demonstrate advanced Machinist ability to set up, program and operate a wide variety of CNC Machining equipment including vertical milling centers, horizontal milling centers and/or lathes.
- Interpret complex blueprints and use creativity and experience to determine the most efficient way to compete the job within tight-tolerance specifications.
- Ensure successful launch of new jobs and assist project managers on methods, tooling and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency including fixture placement and alignment, loading programs, tool setting, making needed adjustments to programs and offsets to ensure finished parts meet specifications.
- Perform in process quality checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Study blueprints and manufacturing orders and organize materials and tools for next run during automatic controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Complete program folders with required information. Note other information related to job problems and performance and complete daily time slips and inspection reports.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A technical degree in CNC Machining preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5-7 years CNC Machining and programming experience or equivalent years of experience required
- Must possess solid blueprint reading skills, strong math skills, and in-process inspection skills and understand both metric and English measurements.
- Must be proficient at using micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, shop gages, depth gages and dial indicators to indicate parts and verify dimensions of a work piece.
- Read and interpret basic G-code programs. Must be able to edit programs and offsets, as well as work and problem solve independently using precision gages.
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications.
Ability to lift and move objects up to 75 lbs. in all directions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Machine Shop environment
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.