Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
1st Shift Hours
Summary: The Quality Engineer tests and measures products to determine that the product meets customer requirements per detailed drawings and 3D models. Responsible for creation and the maintaining of detailed quality records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified, or additional duties assigned.
- Complete new part quality documentation requirements; including, ballooned drawings, inspection check sheets, operator instructions, SPC (Statistical Process Control) charts, process flow diagrams, process failure mode and effects analysis’, process control plans, dimensional layout requirements, part submission warrants, capability study and measurement system analysis.
- Write direct computer controlled CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programs utilizing PC-DMIS CMM software – this includes the CMM program that correlates to the ballooned drawing, set up photos and creation of set-up instructions, proving out the program and verification of its accuracy when discrepancies arise.
- Perform in-depth part layouts using CMMs as well as all other layout techniques; this includes the documenting and reporting of results.
- Perform casting, forging, or any other supplied product (i.e. outside machining, forming, bar stock, etc.) incoming inspection and layouts as needed.
- Follow standardized procedures and instructions in completing first piece, in-process and final inspections across a wide variety of customized parts.
- Performs measurement system analysis; this includes gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility) studies.
- Conducts investigations on non-conformance and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintains quality awareness throughout the company by working with the Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Supervisor and Vice President to mentor and train employees.
- Companywide awareness of the Quality Management System requirements and the international standard that they are modeled after.
- Shop floor awareness through mentoring employees on the customers’ quality requirements, gage techniques, discrepancies found during CMM checks and statistical process control to help improve processes.
- Assists with conducting and actively participates in internal quality audits as required in the Quality Management System for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and IATF (International Automotive Task Force) certification.
- Mentors and develops subordinates to grow skill sets and cross-train / develop personnel.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing Engineer degree or Quality Associate degree preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Quality required
- Knowledge of CMM programming, use and supporting software required
- Knowledge of APQP (Advanced Quality Product Planning), gauging and metrology required
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements preferred
- Strong independent thinking, organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
Required to be able to sit for longer periods of time, move about throughout the office and machine shop environment and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in a lab environment. Occasionally need to access shop floor. May travel to visit customers – at times stay overnight if needed.
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.