Website Velocity Machine, Inc.
Summary: The Quality Manager provides leadership and guidance for the department, works to improve core processes, and manage projects. They will accept ownership of ensuring the staff is developed in all quality assurance functions. This person also works to develop a clear understanding of the business and technical aspects of the quality assurance function in order to support the entire organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Exhibit strong communication and problem-solving skills while leading the Quality department toward company goals and objectives.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement within the quality department and in the Quality Management System.
- Provide development and training of the Quality team as well as other departments in all areas of Quality. Develop goals for the Quality department based on company objectives and ensure achievement.
- Maintain the Quality Management System for compliance with customer, ISO 9001, IATF 16949, local, state, and federal requirements and assure that it continually reviewed and improved.
- Manage the internal audit system and assure timely completion of audits, and submit findings and corrective action requests to management. Oversee supplier audits, as well as be a part of both audit teams.
- Assure monthly metric data entry and review of the cost of quality information is completed timely. Evaluate current data and trends in order to suggest improvement ideas or corrective action activities to be worked on with a cross functional team.
- Champion scrap reduction efforts as a collaborative effort with other departments.
- Be involved in new product gate reviews and review all new jobs for proper documentation and that the customer’s needs are being addressed, as well as identifying gaging needs for new as well as existing work.
- Work with customers on deviation approvals for dimensional and cosmetic issues, discuss possible engineering changes to improve part manufacturability, and address any concerns on shipping preservation issues or part quality.
- Assure and assist in the timely completion of part quality documentation requirements, including but not limited to: ballooned drawings, inspection check sheets, SPC charts, process flow diagrams, process failure mode and effects analysis’, process control plans, dimensional layout requirements, part submission warrants, capability study, and measurement system analysis.
- Improve the Statistical Process Control activities and ensure that data analysis is completed in order to identify possible process improvements.
- Assist with all quality tasks as needed, including CMM programming.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience preferred
- Minimum of two years in a leadership role required
- Knowledge of CMM programming, use and supporting software preferred
- Knowledge of APQP requirements preferred
- Knowledge of gauging methodology and metrology preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements preferred
- Knowledge of gauging methodology and metrology
- Ability to work closely with all business processes and functions
- Specific knowledge and ability to lead the development of quality processes to address current constraints and future growth
- Strong independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to train, teach and mentor subordinates to develop a strong team
- Ability to define, drive and implement change
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel as needed to support the business
Required to be able to sit for longer periods of time, move about throughout the office and machine shop environment and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in a lab environment. Occasionally need to access machine shop floor. May travel to visit customers – at times stay overnight if needed.