Website Velocity Machine, Inc
Summary: The Shift Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and guidance for all production activities on their assigned shifts. This individual will work closely with all leaders and employees in the organization to ensure production activities are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following: Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Support employees to achieve objectives by actively communicating job expectations; monitor performance of all machinists and machine operators by walking the production floor.
- Continuously throughout the day, monitor performance to ensure machinists are hitting 100% job efficiency rates; identify ways to improve efficiency as well as address issues and concerns.
- Support employees in determining the reason run rates are not being met and identify ways to assist by utilizing Engineering, Quality, Management or other personnel.
- Ensure proper training for all employees; include keeping track of training documents and ensuring that updates are made to training materials and/or programs as procedures change and as needs arise.
- Assist with machinist/operator interviews; hiring, onboarding and training
- Coach employees daily ensuring policies and procedures are understood and being followed; discipline employees timely ensuring to follow the progressive discipline policy.
- Utilize technical knowledge to assist in troubleshooting machine or program related issues; answer machining related questions for both mills and lathes.
- Discuss overtime requirement needs with employees and ensure commitments are being made through one-on-one communication and follow up.
- Monitor Direct and Indirect time; watch for patterns and work with employees to ensure an understanding of proper code use. Ensure misuse of codes is addressed and employees are held accountable.
- Proactively and professionally communicate issues related to orders or other production issues to necessary departments and/or leaders.
- Lead employees by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Complete all machinist and operator performance reviews for respective shift.
- Work closely with the Operation Support Lead to complete work center and 5S audits to ensure compliance and sustaining.
- Coordinates production activities with other departments/functions; communicate needs and/or issues as they arise.
- Provide Material Handling support when necessary.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics and ensure continuous development of staff by providing guidance and direction to assist in daily and professional development; includes respectful and open communication.
- Support and actively participate in the Velocity Safety Program; hold team members accountable to safety requirements, policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical diploma in Machine Tool or CNC Tech preferred; 5 years of machining experience preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to lead, guide and influence employees through positive and constructive interaction
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential; includes the ability to communicate solutions productively preferred
- Previous experience working well under pressure and handling multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate well with other departments throughout the organization; includes respectful and professional communication through email and face to face contact
- Must have the ability to assess an employee’s skill level, determine training needs and be committed in assisting with the development of future training
Required to be able to sit and move about throughout the office and machine shop environment and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will work in an office and machine shop environment.
Velocity Machine Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/vets.